cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Remove The /DropBox from the path In C Drive

How To Remove The /DropBox from the path In C Drive

TitanxD
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Whenver I navigate through my folder, and go to the main drive, the path makes no sense as it is /dropbox/my pc. I deleted dropbox and its still there pls help. How do i remove the dropbox folder and dropbox from the path. its driving me nuts!snip.png

that is the /dropbox thing im talking about. i want it removed!!!

59 Replies 59

Cellista
Explorer | Level 3

I have this 3xact same issue. I have read through every reply and implemented almost every step the administer reccommended and I still cannot remove the Dropbox path. I also have no "Location" tab. I donot wish to removetheapp, just the path. Have there been any updates to this issue? Thanks

Rich
Super User II

@Cellista wrote:

I donot wish to removetheapp, just the path.

To be clear, you're still running Dropbox, and you're just trying to remove "Dropbox" from the path?

Cellista
Explorer | Level 3

Just tryng to remove Dropbox from the path. 

Rich
Super User II

@Cellista wrote:

Just tryng to remove Dropbox from the path. 

And you're still running the Dropbox application? If so, you can't remove Dropbox from the path. Your base Dropbox folder will always be Dropbox.

If, however, you've uninstalled Dropbox and are no longer using it, and you still see Dropbox in the path to your key folders (Desktop, Documents, etc.), then you can follow Daphne's instructions from the beginning of this thread to move those folders back to their original location.

Cellista
Explorer | Level 3

Okay, I understand. I guess I was hoping to keep Dropbox but remove the path. Thank you for your answer!

Lifesavingsfinancial
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have moved my Dropbox path to my D drive because it was making my computer super slow.   Now, how do I remove the files from my C: drive without deleting them in dropbox?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Lifesavingsfinancial wrote:

I have moved my Dropbox path to my D drive because it was making my computer super slow.   Now, how do I remove the files from my C: drive without deleting them in dropbox?

Did you use the option in Dropbox Preferences to move the Dropbox folder? If so, it automatically moves your Dropbox folder and all the files within it.

Lifesavingsfinancial
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I did use the move feature but I still see all the files and can access them on my C drive

Lifesavingsfinancial
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I just checked the path and it looks like it is right now

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Lifesavingsfinancial wrote:
I just checked the path and it looks like it is right now

The process isn't instant as it has to verify and move each file. It was probably still in process when you sent the original message.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Lifesavingsfinancial New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?