cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS photo upload

iOS photo upload

socksinacan
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Good afternoon! On my Android, I use a third-party app to manage my camera's auto-uploads to Dropbox. It has a feature allowing a set delay before uploading, allowing me to, for instance, delete nine of the ten photos I shot of my pet sleeping and keep one, without burning data for all ten. Is there any way to get that feature in iOS, whether through the Dropbox app or a third-party?

Also, using the auto uploading from the camera roll, after the picture is uploaded, if it's deleted from the phone, does it stay in Dropbox? Appears to, but wanted to ask.

Thanks!
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@socksinacan wrote:
Is there any way to get that feature in iOS, whether through the Dropbox app or a third-party?

Dropbox doesn't have such a feature. The automatic Camera Uploads feature is typically triggered by opening the app or a change in your physical location. The only way to delay it until you're ready is to disable it and re-enable it when you're ready to upload. I don't know of any third-party apps that would do this on iOS.

Also, using the auto uploading from the camera roll, after the picture is uploaded, if it's deleted from the phone, does it stay in Dropbox?

If you delete the photo from your phone's camera roll/gallery it is not deleted from Dropbox. Likewise, deleting a photo from Dropbox will not delete it from your phone's camera roll/gallery.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@socksinacan wrote:
Is there any way to get that feature in iOS, whether through the Dropbox app or a third-party?

Dropbox doesn't have such a feature. The automatic Camera Uploads feature is typically triggered by opening the app or a change in your physical location. The only way to delay it until you're ready is to disable it and re-enable it when you're ready to upload. I don't know of any third-party apps that would do this on iOS.

Also, using the auto uploading from the camera roll, after the picture is uploaded, if it's deleted from the phone, does it stay in Dropbox?

If you delete the photo from your phone's camera roll/gallery it is not deleted from Dropbox. Likewise, deleting a photo from Dropbox will not delete it from your phone's camera roll/gallery.

socksinacan
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Thank you, Rich. I appreciate it!
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

socksinacan Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?