cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: API App Authentication Get List of files/folders from public link

API App Authentication Get List of files/folders from public link

rsd20
Explorer | Level 3

Hi i'm looking for some advice on how to do the following and what best route of authentication / api end points I should use,

I need to be able to parse a dropbox business folder (can do this via a public shared link) for specific files to download which i then need to migrate data to a backoffice system.  This would be a background service without user interaction.

What would be the best way to do this with the API and .net SDK?

14 Replies 14

tribalneck2000
Explorer | Level 3

Where can I find a sample of exchanging the refresh token for an access token via the .NET API? I have been looking at the repo: https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-dotnet

tribalneck2000
Explorer | Level 3

I think I am misunderstanding what you are saying about offline access - it sounded like you can call the aquire access token once and grab the refresh token and store it permanently since it doesn't expire.. then all you have to do is call RefreshAccessToken after constructing a DropBoxClient with the refresh token as a param (not sure what you are supposed to put in the ctor param for the access token).  That doesn't seem to work.

tribalneck2000
Explorer | Level 3

Actually I think I got it, read thru the source, there are ctors with just the refresh token. I had a scoping issue that was returning a 400 error. As long as the refresh token can be used forever, I think I may be good for now. 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@tribalneck2000 Thanks for following up. I'm glad to hear you've sorted this out. Yes, refresh tokens don't expire by themselves (though the user or app can revoke them if desired).

Need more support?