cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: API Token Expiration

API Token Expiration

Sramarao N
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

We created the app for generating an access token for API access. I have few doubts on them.

1. Does the token expire when generated from the App (which is created from account which holds Team admin access)?
  2. If we create multiple Apps and generate multiple tokens from each App, so will all those work with the API calls? How does this work? Please explain.

I have created three different Apps and generated different tokens from each one of App in no particular time intervals for Testing. All of them are working (explains example for my above question).

Please suggest.

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

1. Dropbox access tokens don't expire, but users, team admins, or apps can revoke an access token at any point in time.

2. Creating multiple apps and access tokens is fine. You can own and use multiple apps, as well as create multiple access tokens for any app, without issue.

Sramarao N
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for the reply !

I see you have mentioned Users can revoke access token, dont they have to hold any privilages to revoke the access token?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

For "Dropbox API" apps, which are "user-linked", the app gets connected to specific Dropbox accounts, via the user's own authorization. The user can unlink these apps themselves.

For "Dropbox Business API" apps, which are "team-linked", the app gets connected to entire Dropbox Business teams, which can only be done via authorization from a team admin. Only team admins can unlink these apps.

Need more support?