cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chooser and domains to add

Chooser and domains to add

axew3
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Cheers to all lovely and cool people here, and especially to @Greg that often supports me in the past with all his answers!

Just a question more after long time about development that i know already the actual answer  (i think)

on chooser, i need to add domains where the code will run or, it will not run on domains not listed/allowed.

The question is: there is no actual oauth endpoint to manage this automatically, but is considered to be added in the future or not? Would be possible?

If not i have to finalize my oauth class to upload files because i refuse to add manually domains (maybe for a free plugin).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
There unfortunately is no way to programmatically add Chooser domains. I'm not aware of any plans to build a way to do so, but I'm sending this along as a feature request.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
There unfortunately is no way to programmatically add Chooser domains. I'm not aware of any plans to build a way to do so, but I'm sending this along as a feature request.

axew3
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution
Hello Greg! ... mh thinking on it, it can be dangerous for misuse of it, there is more control over if the domain is manually added, and maybe it is done to not be used in this way as i intended ... but really it work magically as i've implement it. My DBX oauth php class have methods to unlink, create folder, delete folder and all the rest necessary, but since the chooser work perfect for uploads and run fast, i had code this plugin (that i would like to release now for free) with chooser for uploads.
Thank to push up the request, whenever will be possible may i will return over, but in the while i will start something mine, using js promises mechanism, that i've discover, in simple way can be used to upload files also in chunks with easy ... but of course, would be really hard to crate the exact interface as is the native DBX chooser! ... i'll try as possible. Thank you again, see you soon, good luck!

axew3
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution
p.s about misuse: the way that require to add domains manually to have more control over it or to be more secure, maybe not accomplish to the "secure result".
As ever, sorry my bad Eng!

WCByrne
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Is there still no way to do this? We are looking to implement the chooser in our service but we also support custom subdomains and domains for our users to customize the url they use to access our service. With that feature it is not feasible to manually add each domain as users can create them on their own. 

For reference, we are also looking to implement the Google picker and found that they provide an API keys API (quite a name). I was hoping to find a similar API for dropbox.

If this isn't possible, I'm not sure we can include the DB chooser which is a bummer.

Any ideas?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@WCByrne Unfortunately there still isn't a way to register these programmatically. 

For reference though, for the case of subdomains at least, you can register just the main domain, e.g., example.com, which would enable use of the Chooser on any subdomain of example.com, e.g., sub1.example.com, sub2.example.com, webmail.example.com, etc.

Alternatively, you can embed an iframe containing the button, which would be hosted on your own domain. This would let you just set that one domain in the app options page. It would be very important that you then restrict the set of domains that you allow to iframe your button though, but this list would now be under your control so you can set it programmatically.

lanceuep
Explorer | Level 4

+1 for this! It would be so much nicer if we could add domains programmatically as my customers bring their own domain to my system and I have to add them in manually when that happens.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@lanceuep Thanks for the feedback!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    lanceuep Explorer | Level 4
    WCByrne Explorer | Level 4
    axew3 Collaborator | Level 8
What do Dropbox user levels mean?