cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Does Dropbox provide any API so that I will pass public file URL and Dropbox will take over it.

Does Dropbox provide any API so that I will pass public file URL and Dropbox will take over it.

devid13
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Does Dropbox provide an API so that I will pass public file URL and Dropbox will take over it to read and upload and return appropriate response.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Yes, Dropbox offers the /2/files/save_url endpoint which can be used to save a file to Dropbox by supplying a URL. It either returns the result directly, or an async job ID. If it returns an async job ID, you would then use /2/files/save_url/check_job_status to check the result.

By the way, those are links to the documentation for the HTTPS endpoints themselves, but we recommend using one of the official SDKs if possible. Those have corresponding native methods for the HTTPS endpoints. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Yes, Dropbox offers the /2/files/save_url endpoint which can be used to save a file to Dropbox by supplying a URL. It either returns the result directly, or an async job ID. If it returns an async job ID, you would then use /2/files/save_url/check_job_status to check the result.

By the way, those are links to the documentation for the HTTPS endpoints themselves, but we recommend using one of the official SDKs if possible. Those have corresponding native methods for the HTTPS endpoints. 

Need more support?