cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox buisness api error

Dropbox buisness api error

Андрей Г.2
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

i use dropbox buisness api, https://dropbox.github.io/dropbox-api-v2-explorer/team/#team_team_folder/create. Created a new application, generated a token but api always gives the following error: 'You can't create a team folder for this team'. What am I not doing?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

It sounds like your team is set up to use the "team space" configuration, so you shouldn't use the /2/team/team_folder/* endpoints. To create a folder in the team space, you should use the /2/files/create_folder_v2 endpoint. Please refer to the Namespace Guide for information on how to operate in the team space. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

It sounds like your team is set up to use the "team space" configuration, so you shouldn't use the /2/team/team_folder/* endpoints. To create a folder in the team space, you should use the /2/files/create_folder_v2 endpoint. Please refer to the Namespace Guide for information on how to operate in the team space. 

Андрей Г.2
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I create folders using / 2 / files / create_folder_v2 endpoint

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Андрей Г.2 Explorer | Level 4
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?