cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox chooser enhancements

Dropbox chooser enhancements

dev_webdam
New member | Level 2

Working with the dropbox chooser, there were a couple pieces of enhancements I think would be useful for developers. 

Getting a reference to the opened window would allow us to programatically close it through JS. 
More events than just 'sucess' and 'closed'

I noticed that if I open the chooser and use the provided button, the window resets. Not sure if this is a bug, but if I do this a couple times, then choose something, the success callback is triggered multiple times, once for each time that the chooser was reopened. 

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the post. I've sent this along as a request for a way to get a reference to the window. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

As for the potential bug, I'm not sure if I follow the scenario exactly. Can you elaborate and provide some mored detailed steps for reproducing it? Perhaps you can also share a screencast if that would be helpful? Thanks in advance! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?