cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Feedback: The Embedder Launched in Preview

TaylorKrusen
Dropbox Staff
New feature alert! Dropbox is previewing a new pre-built component called the File and Folder Embedder. Simply paste a JavaScript snippet into your code and you’ve added the ability to turn Dropbox shared links into interactive, embedded previews. It’s never been easier to provide your users with the ability to view and interact directly with their Dropbox files and folders. You can read more about the Embedder on our developer blog or the Embedder documentation

We want your feedback! While in the Preview phase, we’re actively adding enhancements, new controls, and new supported filetypes to the Embedder.

What features would you like to see? How do your users interact with their Dropbox files from your app? Please post your thoughts or ideas about the Embedder below. Willing to give us more direct feedback? This April, we’re offering a chance to win a $200 Amazon gift card for folks that fill out this survey. Completing the survey counts as your entry into the sweepstakes*.

Legal disclaimer:
Navigating to the survey in this forum post will direct you to our Qualtrics survey website. All information you enter will be treated in accordance with the Dropbox Privacy Policy. Dropbox will never ask you for your password or billing information via invitations to surveys or in surveys themselves.

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Ends April 30, 2020 at 9:00pm Pacific Time. Must be 18+, have reached the age of majority in state of residence, and be a legal resident of the U.S. Sponsor: Dropbox, Inc. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.  Click here for complete rules.
39 Replies 39

clarel
Explorer | Level 4

Hi @Greg-DB, thanks for letting me know about all the new features! 

The reduced header size is still quite chunky though. Hopefully it can become inline one day!

Thanks,

Clare

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@clarel Thanks! I've asked the team to see if we can reduce that down further like that, though I can't make any promises.

racheldory
New member | Level 2

Hi @Greg K.,  ideally I'd just like to be able to set the sort order with Embedder options in code.  In my particular instance, I'm showing a folder with a large number of folders/documents that we update regularly.  I'd love to be able to set the default sort order so that the most recent files appear at the top,  with the current alphabetical sort order it takes quite a bit of scrolling to find new documents. 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@racheldory Got it, thanks! I'll send that along.

Simon O.8
New member | Level 2

Hi guys,

New embedder looks great, but I can't see any way of uploading new documents into the folder I'm viewing. Is there anything on the roadmap to support this?

Simon

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@Simon O.8 Thanks for the feedback! That's correct, the Dropbox Embedder doesn't offer the ability to also upload to the embedded folder, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

You may be interested in using it in conjunction with file requests though. You could set the file request to upload to the same path that the embedded shared link points to.

pcuadros
Explorer | Level 4

Same problem with Chrome browser in iOS. The embedded "Allow Cookies" button didn't work. I had to open DropBox.com in same browser first for the embedded "Allow Cookies" to ask me to Allow. Please, let me know when this bug is solved. Thank you.

pcuadros
Explorer | Level 4

When using Chrome browser in iOS, the embedded "Allow Cookies" button didn't work.

First, I had to open DropBox.com in same browser for the embedded "Allow Cookie" button to ask me to Allow. 

Another issue is that this embedder is not mobile responsive.

Please, let me know if these bugs will be solved. Thank you.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@pcuadros Thanks for the notes! I'm sending this along to the team, and I'll follow up here with any updates.

thefreshlab
New member | Level 2

Same issue encountered after using the embedder - "Cookies are required to view this Dropbox content." with the allow button not working.

Need more support?