cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting sync issues via API

Getting sync issues via API

Ridvan_
Helpful | Level 6

Hi,

Is it possible to get file sync issue info via Dropbox API. I have searched quickly but I couldn't find an info yet. I want to get sync issue info like file changes via Dropbox API when a sync issue occurs. 
Thanks,

2 Replies 2

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @Ridvan_,

👍 That's a good idea! Despite existing way to communicate to working Dropbox application, there is no any documentation describing available features, unfortunately. There is lot of query for this, but Dropbox seems ignore all.

In this part of the forum, API meaning is restricted to methods available to communicate to Dropbox servers set, not to Dropbox application locally! I don't know if staff supporting current API can do something, but we can hope your question will invoke attention to suitable persons (after redirection, if need). There is no such query recently, so may be the opinion about such documentation has changed. Let's hope...

Good luck... to all of us.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@Ridvan_ The Dropbox API doesn't offer the ability to get the Dropbox client sync issues, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?