cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upload image to DropBox and Get Downloadable link?

How to upload image to DropBox and Get Downloadable link?

Pranshu
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I am currently using DropBox api v2 android sdk, for uploading images to Dropbox, But I need to get the downloadable link of that image, as I need to load those images multiple times and using the direct download method again and again isn't practical and memory efficient. Also  at https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-API-Support-Feedback/Java-Get-Download-Link-File-as-stream/m...  , though the question is quite similar but on checking the method a, It states that 

getTemporaryLink()

automatically expires the url within 4 hour. So i need a permanent downloadable link, 

by using the downloadable link, I can pass it directly to picasso for loading the images fast.

Any help is highlt appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

If you need a link that doesn't expire by default, you can use sharingCreateSharedLinkWithSettings instead, and modify the resulting link as documented here. Note that those links do get listed in the user's links list though.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

If you need a link that doesn't expire by default, you can use sharingCreateSharedLinkWithSettings instead, and modify the resulting link as documented here. Note that those links do get listed in the user's links list though.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?