cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple drives in a account

Multiple drives in a account

azharu92
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi, while creating app for a client, we found that they have multiple Team Root folders. How can I create multiple team root folders in dropbox. I am using Business Standard account. Is that part of Advanced Business Account.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the additional information! Based on that description, you are referring to a team using the older non-"team space" configuration. (Please refer to the links in my earlier message for more information on that.)

In that older configuration, the team can create multiple different team folders. In the new "team space" configuration, that doesn't work the same way. (The equivalent would just be creating additional folders inside the team space itself.)

There isn't a setting or upgrade to change a Business team with the new configuration to work the way the old configuration does.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

It sounds like you might be referring to a team on the older non-"team space" Dropbox Business configuration, where team folder(s) were rooted inside each member's home folder. (This isn't based on the service level of the Business plan.)

We're migrating to the team space model, and there isn't a way to easily toggle or test the older version, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

You can find more information on the differences here:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/reference/namespace-guide

Please let me know if that's not what you're referring to though!

azharu92
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi, not sure if we are on same page. 

If I query https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/team/namespaces/list

I get multiple entries which have namespace type team_folder. I didn't find any setting to create multiple team_folder in dropbox. Is this also an old feature, or I have to upgrade account for this.

Thanks

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the additional information! Based on that description, you are referring to a team using the older non-"team space" configuration. (Please refer to the links in my earlier message for more information on that.)

In that older configuration, the team can create multiple different team folders. In the new "team space" configuration, that doesn't work the same way. (The equivalent would just be creating additional folders inside the team space itself.)

There isn't a setting or upgrade to change a Business team with the new configuration to work the way the old configuration does.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    azharu92 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?