cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-public extension

Non-public extension

mtraut
New member | Level 2

Hi,

someone knows if it is possible to provide a "restricted", productive extension?

What i expect is an approved app that can be made available to a restricted audience (e.g. within a team) only.

Regards Michael

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

It sounds like you're referring to the Extensions functionality covered here, but let me know if I've misunderstood. 

The only visibility option that Dropbox currently offers for that is the "Only me" option. When enabled, the extension for your app will only be available to you (the app owner). When disabled, it will be available to anyone with your app connected to their account. Dropbox doesn't currently offer a way to limit that to a particular audience, such as a team, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

mtraut
New member | Level 2

Yes, your guess is correct.

Thx for the clarification. Thought this would be a good way to promote integration of in-house / on premise applications with dropbox.

Regards Michael

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

mtraut New member | Level 2
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?