cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Scopes] Error loading app info - An unknow error occurred

[Scopes] Error loading app info - An unknow error occurred

Txi
Explorer | Level 3

I'm using swiftydropbox in swiftui and when I try to authenticate using the dropbox app I get a popup that says: Error loading app info - An unknow error occurred. All scopes are set in app console. When I try to authenticate using safari (so I need to uninstall dropbox app) it works.

Please help. I'm using dropbox business.

let scopeRequest = ScopeRequest(scopeType: .team, scopes: ["team_data.team_space", "team_info.read", "team_data.member", "files.metadata.read"], includeGrantedScopes: false)
DropboxClientsManager.authorizeFromControllerV2 (
                UIApplication.shared,
                controller: uiViewController,
                loadingStatusDelegate: nil,
                openURL: { (url: URL) -> Void in UIApplication.shared.open(url, options: [:], completionHandler: nil) },
                scopeRequest: scopeRequest)

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the report! When you have the official Dropbox mobile app installed, it will process the app authorization flow. Unfortunately, the authorization flow in the official mobile apps doesn't currently support team scopes. As you found, you can workaround this by uninstalling the official app, but I'll bring this up with the team to request support for this in the official mobile apps. I can't promise if/when that may be implemented though.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?