cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: SwiftyDropbox keychain permission dialog only appearing on Monterey

SwiftyDropbox keychain permission dialog only appearing on Monterey

Jon B.1
Collaborator | Level 9

Hi -- we've been running a SwiftyDropbox-based macOS app for a couple of years now, with little or no trouble.  Since we've started installing it on Monterey, we've noticed that on some -- not all -- Monterey machines, the first time the user successfully logs in to Dropbox, they get prompted for keychain access, which didn't happen on previous versions of macOS:

unnamed-2.png

 This is the correct bundle identifier for the app, so that's fine.  The issue is just that, since there's clearly a way to avoid this prompt, since we don't get it on every machine...  what is it?  Is there something I can set in the app's installer to pre-approve keychain access?

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

The SwiftyDropbox SDK uses the Keychain to store and retrieve the access/refresh token for the user (you can find it here in the code), but SwiftyDropbox SDK itself doesn't provide a way to configure any such Keychain options, so I'm afraid I can't offer too much help here. The SDK just asks the system for the specified credentials, and I believe the system itself decides whether or not this prompt is needed. Apple may be able to offer better guidance on if/how it's possible to configure the app to avoid this on various versions of macOS.

Jon B.1
Collaborator | Level 9

Thanks -- I'll pursue this with Apple!  If I get a sensible answer, I'll report it here.

Need more support?