cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to customize port and protocol in dropbox SDK

Unable to customize port and protocol in dropbox SDK

vigneshsn
Explorer | Level 4

I'm using Dropbox java sdk for uploading files from my service. it works fine!!!

In local I would like to mock the dropbox , instead want to connect to my wiremock server running on port 9001 with http protocal.

I'm using 'DbxClientV2' to make connection with dropbox and I don't see any configuration to change port. 

How can I acheive this?

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

The Dropbox Java SDK doesn't officially support changing the port or protocol (all calls have to be done over TLS so the port is always 443), but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

vigneshsn
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for the reply.

It would be handy to have port configured, between could you propose an alternative solution for this situation. I don't want to call actual dropbox server for my localsetup.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

The closest thing the Java SDK offers is the ability to set custom hosts via a DbxHost, using this DbxClientV2 constructor. I don't have any sample code for that. I don't believe it would let you change the protocol or port though.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    vigneshsn Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?