cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Uncaught TypeError: Dropbox.Dropbox is not a constructor

Uncaught TypeError: Dropbox.Dropbox is not a constructor

martinkleinaustria
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have a Javascript Program that works since years. Today Suddenly I get the error "Uncaught TypeError: Dropbox.Dropbox is not a constructor" in the Javascript Console and no Data is loaded from my Dropbox.

I use this dropbox sdk:

https://unpkg.com/dropbox/dist/Dropbox-sdk.min.js

Can someone please help ?

With kind regards.

Martin Klein

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for reporting this issue. This issue is now fixed with the latest release and should be working properly again.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused, and thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

martinkleinaustria
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

This is the Line that gives the error:

var dbxt = new Dropbox.Dropbox({ fetch:fetch, accessToken: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" });

Where xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is here a replacement of my real Authentification.

Regards Martin

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the report! We're looking into it.

martinkleinaustria
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks, do you want me to open an issue in Github for Version 5.0.0 ?

Because I checked with Version 4.0.30 and there it still works perfectly.

Regards Martin

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks, but there's no need to open this as an issue on GitHub as well. We're aware of the issue and are working on resolving it. I'll follow up here once I have an update on this.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for reporting this issue. This issue is now fixed with the latest release and should be working properly again.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused, and thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

martinkleinaustria
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Many thanks for your quick fix !

With kind regards

Martin

sareuon
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

We experienced the same error yesterday, and the time of the failure coincides exactly with the release of to the v5.0.0 tag.  This broke the integration for our entire customer base. We've now rolled back to v4.3.0 as an interim measure.

If breaking changes are introduced, where does Dropbox announce upcoming breaking changes? I can find nothing in the developer blog.

martinkleinaustria
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

The Problem has been fixed yesterday evening (Vienna Time). It works for me again.

You can use the newest version again. It is now 5.1.0

Regards

Martin

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@sareuon That's correct, this was caused by an unintentional bug in v5.0.0. It was subsequently fixed in v5.1.0. You can find release notes for the different releases in the release history here.

For reference, we generally follow semver for the SDKs, so any intentionally breaking changes would be accompanied by a major version increase (such as from 4.x to 5.x like we had here, though this particular issue was unintentional). For this reason, to avoid breaking changes in your production app, you can import a specific version of the library instead of just always importing the latest version.

Need more support?