cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use business API to get membership for all namespaces

Use business API to get membership for all namespaces

RobinHarveyIW
Explorer | Level 4

I want to export a list of namespaces, groups and namespace/folder membership using the business API.  Namespace and groups are fairly easy, but I'm struggling to see how to get the listing of folder membership.

I can see that the the list_folder_members endpoint gives me the info I want, but the problem with this is that it's scoped to a particular user and I want to get all namespace membership for all namespaces, which means I have to have a "user account" which can access all folders.  If a user doesn't have read access to the folder I'm querying (these are discovered using the business API and an admin app) then I'll get a "permission denied" error.

Am I missing something obvious here?  Or do I just need to ensure that there's a suitable user account which can be used to access all folders?

1 Reply 1

kylea
Dropbox Staff

Setting the HTTP header Dropbox-API-Select-Admin to the member id of a team administrator will enable you to read this.

This article describes HTTP headers that can be added to to the user API to simplify acting on behalf of a user/admin or reading team-owned content.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

kylea Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?