cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webhook activities

Webhook activities

guymayor
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hey,

1. Do you have any plan to add webhook more activities notifications like reading a file or open a folder?
2. Is there any way to get webhook activities for all users?
3. Can my application do actions on behalf of any user? (with admin permission)

I'm only talking about Dropbox for business

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

1. We generally don't comment on future plans, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

2. Once you register a webhook URI for a Dropbox API app, Dropbox will send webhook notifications for changes in the accounts of all users connected to that app. For a Dropbox Business API app, it will send notifications for all members of all teams connected to that app. Check out the Dropbox Business API webhooks documentation for more information on what kind of webhook notifications are sent for the different kinds of Business apps.

3. If a Dropbox Business API app is registered for the "team member file access" permission, it can use the "member file access" feature to access the account of any member of any team that the app is authorized to access. You can find information on using that in the documentation.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

1. We generally don't comment on future plans, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

2. Once you register a webhook URI for a Dropbox API app, Dropbox will send webhook notifications for changes in the accounts of all users connected to that app. For a Dropbox Business API app, it will send notifications for all members of all teams connected to that app. Check out the Dropbox Business API webhooks documentation for more information on what kind of webhook notifications are sent for the different kinds of Business apps.

3. If a Dropbox Business API app is registered for the "team member file access" permission, it can use the "member file access" feature to access the account of any member of any team that the app is authorized to access. You can find information on using that in the documentation.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?