cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Dropbox still not support multiple Owners (aka Collaborators) for each Developer App?

Why does Dropbox still not support multiple Owners (aka Collaborators) for each Developer App?

jeff00coder
Explorer | Level 4

In Box, Google, DocuSign, Facebook, Salesforce, Microsoft, etc...: they allow web apps (aka developer apps) to have multiple owners (aka collaborators).

Why does Dropbox still not provide this basic feature with its Developer Apps?

The advantage of multiple owners is if something should happen to the original owner (left company, disabled, left organization, vacation, etc...) then there would be no need to contact Dropbox to perform a transfer of ownership.

I have requested this feature before 2 years ago, and it unfortunate that Dropbox still has not address this most basic feature that is has been provided by other 3rd party integration services with web/developer apps for years.

I was told then that this feature was being considered but it was not yet planned nor was there an expected delivery.

A developer app absolutely NEEDs to have multiple ownership. If there is something wrong with a Dropbox web app that is a key integration to the functionality of a product, whomever is on-call should also be an owner to address.

So, what is the reason for blocking this feature?

6 Replies 6

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the feedback! Unfortunately Dropbox has not implemented this, and I can't speak to why any particular feature was or wasn't prioritized over another, but I'll send this along to the team.

jeff00coder
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you, that would be greatly appreciated.

All web apps deployed to each environment have cross-organizational ownership: Multiple members of Development team, Product Management, Technical On-Call Support, and Deployment Management.

To have a single owner, myself within the Development team, is not acceptable to the perspective of cross-organizational ownership and after review, this is considered a critical hole in maintaining product integrety.

jeff00coder
Explorer | Level 4

@Greg-DB 

I would greatly appreciate a follow-up, if and when collaborators will be added as a feature. Again, it is important.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Sure, I'll follow up with you with any updates I get on this request.

chrillep
New member | Level 2

Any News?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@chrillep No, I don't have any updates on this request.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    chrillep New member | Level 2
    jeff00coder Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?