cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dropbox embedder getting "ancestor violates the following Content Security Policy"

dropbox embedder getting "ancestor violates the following Content Security Policy"

corw1n
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

in chrome the console error is:

Refused to frame 'https://www.dropbox.com/' because an ancestor violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "frame-ancestors 'self'".

in firefox error on page:

Firefox Can’t Open This Page

To protect your security, www.dropbox.com will not allow Firefox to display the page if another site has embedded it. To see this page, you need to open it in a new window.

all domains have been added to app setting: Chooser / Saver / Embedder domains

no external domains have changed.

please advise.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

This should be fixed now. Please let us know if you're still seeing any issues. Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the report! We're looking into it and I'll follow up here once I have an update on this.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

This should be fixed now. Please let us know if you're still seeing any issues. Thanks!

justam
New member | Level 2

Hi, I am trying to embed dropbox files in my app like this <iframe src="<shared_link>" ... > the iframe without using the Embedder and received the same error.  Do we have to use Embedder when embedding?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@justam Yes, we only support embedding Dropbox shared links via the Embedder, not using an iframe directly. Please follow the instructions here for using the Embedder.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    justam New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?