cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get authentication key (access token) fromlogin

how to get authentication key (access token) fromlogin

senthilnathan
Explorer | Level 3

Hi sir,

how to get authentication key (access token) from login as per scannervision exe 

1. in my project we upload file to dropbox by vb code now i get the access token or client id from dropbox api.

2. Now i need to get the authenticatio or access token directly after login ,not from dropbox api.

3. Like scannervision exe we chosse authentication button first login window show in that we given login  detail automatically show the access token show like that i want to show access token in my textbox after login.

4. Once we get access token after some time we use same token or we use new token. 

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

In order to get an access token for the end-user, you should implement the OAuth app authorization flow in your app. You can find information on this in the OAuth Guide and authorization documentation. Once you retrieve the access token for a user, you can store and re-use it for that user.

We also recommend using one of the official SDKs, if possible for your scenario, as they will do much of the work for you.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?