cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the account id sent by the webhook is the same even when 2 users are making changes to the files

the account id sent by the webhook is the same even when 2 users are making changes to the files

vinitswar
Explorer | Level 3

I am currently testing the dropbox api's .

As a test I have logged into dropbox with two user accounts, (admin user  and a regular operator) . When uploading or deleting a file , from both users, dropbox sends out a webhook with the admin user account id ? Why should this happen.

Below is an example of the event data:

{"event": {"delta": {"users": [123456789], "teams": {"dbtid:AAD8kB2EnFJ0gLq8": ["dbmid:AADCCx57kFX"]}}, "list_folder": {"accounts": ["dbid:AA
Dh77aHewSdqZ"], "teams": {"dbtid:AAD8kB2EnFJ0gLq8": ["dbmid:AADCCx57kFX"]}}}

i get the same dbid for both the admin user and the operator user for a file upload. 

6 Replies 6

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@vinitswar wrote:

... When uploading or deleting a file , from both users, dropbox sends out a webhook with the admin user account id ? Why should this happen.

... "accounts": ["dbid:AADh77aHewSdqZ"], "teams": {"dbtid:AAD8kB2EnFJ0gLq8": ["dbmid:AADCCx57kFX"]} ...

i get the same dbid for both the admin user and the operator user for a file upload. 

Hi @vinitswar,

This should happen when users (either admins or regular users) are different members within the same account. The "dbid" identifies the account, not the team member/user! Team members have their unique "dbmid" in the team they participate in - "dbtid". Last but not least - how have you linked your application - using the admin credentials or the operator? 😉

Hope this helps.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@vinitswar As Здравко asked, it sounds like you have your application linked to just the one account of the two. Your app will only receive notifications for accounts linked to your app, but it will receive notifications for any changes in the linked account(s), including those in shared folders. So, even if different accounts are making changes in a shared folder, you'll only be notified with account IDs that have connected your app to their accounts, since all of those changes are occurring in the shared folder mounted in their account.

vinitswar
Explorer | Level 3

account id's are unique and are connected to the app. 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@vinitswar I see you wrote in to support about this, so we'll follow up with you there.

vinitswar
Explorer | Level 3

@Greg-DB @Здравко there is no response from support

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@vinitswar I just checked the support system, and I see we did reply on Monday. Please check the email inbox for the email address registered to your account. Be sure to check your spam folder as well, in case it was filtered.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    vinitswar Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?