cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2/team/members/list/continue API returning 500 without error information

2/team/members/list/continue API returning 500 without error information

ajv3005
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

This seems to be happening for a specific batch of members. How can I not get such an error and get all the members easily ? 

"x-dropbox-request-id": [
"8e3c9c3b8b523f80e63b2164ff147732"
]

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks! That supports what I've been able to determine about this issue. It appears to be a transient issue that can occur when looking up the requested information. That being the case, I do recommend implementing some automatic retrying.

Additionally, it may help to use a lower 'limit' value when initially calling /2/team/members/list. That page size will follow through to the /2/team/members/list/continue calls as well.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the report! For reference, do you consistently get the same error if you retry the same call?

ajv3005
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

When I retry the call , I donot get the error immediately but I get the same error after subsequent continue calls .

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks! That supports what I've been able to determine about this issue. It appears to be a transient issue that can occur when looking up the requested information. That being the case, I do recommend implementing some automatic retrying.

Additionally, it may help to use a lower 'limit' value when initially calling /2/team/members/list. That page size will follow through to the /2/team/members/list/continue calls as well.

ajv3005
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I shall add auto retry. However, the limit value defaults to 1000 right ? 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Yes, the default value for the 'limit' parameter on the /2/team/members/list endpoint is 1000. You can set is as low as 1.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    ajv3005 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?