cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API: List all teams and their workspaces id's in the Enterprise account

API: List all teams and their workspaces id's in the Enterprise account

olbarch
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello! 

If I have an enterprise account, can I list a summary of all of the connected teams within the account via the API?

use case:  I have an enterprise account and several teams (other dropbox business accounts ) linked with the account. I want to list all the teams and get their workspace's ids in order to traverse them later. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Each Dropbox Business team contains a number of accounts or team members, and each Dropbox account can only be a member of a single Dropbox team at a time. Even when you have access to multiple teams via the "Enterprise console", they still operate as separate teams on the API.

When connecting an API app to a team, the access token only enables access to that one team. To connect to multiple different teams, the app would need to be authorized by an admin for each, getting a different access token for each team. You can check the team information for any particular access token using /2/team/get_info. You can check the account information for any particular account (including information about what team it is a member of, if any), using /2/users/get_current_account.

The Dropbox API doesn't offer the ability to list the multiple "connected teams" like the Enterprise console does, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Each Dropbox Business team contains a number of accounts or team members, and each Dropbox account can only be a member of a single Dropbox team at a time. Even when you have access to multiple teams via the "Enterprise console", they still operate as separate teams on the API.

When connecting an API app to a team, the access token only enables access to that one team. To connect to multiple different teams, the app would need to be authorized by an admin for each, getting a different access token for each team. You can check the team information for any particular access token using /2/team/get_info. You can check the account information for any particular account (including information about what team it is a member of, if any), using /2/users/get_current_account.

The Dropbox API doesn't offer the ability to list the multiple "connected teams" like the Enterprise console does, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though.

olbarch
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

thank you for the answer 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

olbarch Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?