cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API V2 SwiftyDropbox on OSX

API V2 SwiftyDropbox on OSX

RTS S.
Helpful | Level 6

What is the procedure to use the Swift API V2 on OSX.

I used the same process for the IOS project ... but I get errors:

Target 'Pods' of project 'Pods' was rejected as an implicit dependency for 'Pods.framework' because it doesn't contain platform 'macosx' in its SUPPORTED_PLATFORMS 'iphonesimulator, iphoneos'

7 Replies 7

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Unfortunately, SwiftyDropbox doesn't currently support OS X, but we'll consider this a feature request.

RTS S.
Helpful | Level 6

I previously asked about connecting to multiple Accounts in the context of OSX and was told that it would be supported for API V2. Now I understand that there is no API V2 support for OSX.

This is very disappointing.

RTS S.
Helpful | Level 6

It took me one day to do the Auth.swift DropBoxConnectController ... which is a View controller to display the Web View  user interface ... and only because I never used that class before and was having problems in Swift with it ... So I implemented it in Objective C. 

The Alamofire already supports OSX.

About 15 minutes to fix the remaining issues in SwiftyDropbox ... change UIViewController -> NSViewController, and appropriate imports.

I am sure your folks can do this much faster than me!

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the feedback and information! I'll be sure to pass it along to the team.

Dennis B.20
New member | Level 1

Now that API v1 has been deprecated, there is no Dropbox support for OS X development. Is this going to change or should those of us who need that find alternatives?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Hi Dennis, it looks like you also started a new thread for this, so I'll follow up there:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/206204683-Support-for-OS-X-macOS-in-v2-SDK

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

To follow up here, SwiftyDropbox does now support OS X/macOS.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Dennis B.20 New member | Level 1
    RTS S. Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?