Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API V2 SwiftyDropbox on OSX

RTS S.
Helpful | Level 6

What is the procedure to use the Swift API V2 on OSX.

I used the same process for the IOS project ... but I get errors:

Target 'Pods' of project 'Pods' was rejected as an implicit dependency for 'Pods.framework' because it doesn't contain platform 'macosx' in its SUPPORTED_PLATFORMS 'iphonesimulator, iphoneos'

7 Replies 7

Re: API V2 SwiftyDropbox on OSX

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Unfortunately, SwiftyDropbox doesn't currently support OS X, but we'll consider this a feature request.

RTS S.
Helpful | Level 6

I previously asked about connecting to multiple Accounts in the context of OSX and was told that it would be supported for API V2. Now I understand that there is no API V2 support for OSX.

This is very disappointing.

RTS S.
Helpful | Level 6

It took me one day to do the Auth.swift DropBoxConnectController ... which is a View controller to display the Web View  user interface ... and only because I never used that class before and was having problems in Swift with it ... So I implemented it in Objective C. 

The Alamofire already supports OSX.

About 15 minutes to fix the remaining issues in SwiftyDropbox ... change UIViewController -> NSViewController, and appropriate imports.

I am sure your folks can do this much faster than me!

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the feedback and information! I'll be sure to pass it along to the team.

Dennis B.20 New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Now that API v1 has been deprecated, there is no Dropbox support for OS X development. Is this going to change or should those of us who need that find alternatives?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi Dennis, it looks like you also started a new thread for this, so I'll follow up there:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/206204683-Support-for-OS-X-macOS-in-v2-SDK

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

To follow up here, SwiftyDropbox does now support OS X/macOS.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?