cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API v2 fileops/copy with from_copy_ref equivalent?

API v2 fileops/copy with from_copy_ref equivalent?

Joel P.17
New member | Level 1

In v1 of the API if I wished to copy the contents of a file or folder from one Dropbox account to another, I was able to use the `filesops/copy` endpoint with the `from_copy_ref` argument in place of the `from_path` argument.

It seems as though there is no functional equivalent to this operation in v2 of the API. Am I missing something?

5 Replies 5

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

This isn't currently implemented in API v2, but I'll be sure to pass this along as a feature request.

Joel P.17
New member | Level 1

Thanks – I understand the new v2 API isn't up to feature parity with v1. This particular feature is quite useful, and is essentially impossible to replicate in v2.

Joel P.17
New member | Level 1

Gregory: Thanks! And double thanks for leaving a comment to that effect; I wouldn't have noticed otherwise.

I assume that this will be added to the Python SDK at some point in the near future, as well?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

That's correct, these endpoints will be available in the SDKs in the next releases.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Joel P.17 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?