cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API v2 fileops/copy with from_copy_ref equivalent?

API v2 fileops/copy with from_copy_ref equivalent?

Joel P.17
New member | Level 1

In v1 of the API if I wished to copy the contents of a file or folder from one Dropbox account to another, I was able to use the `filesops/copy` endpoint with the `from_copy_ref` argument in place of the `from_path` argument.

It seems as though there is no functional equivalent to this operation in v2 of the API. Am I missing something?

5 Replies 5

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

This isn't currently implemented in API v2, but I'll be sure to pass this along as a feature request.

Joel P.17
New member | Level 1

Thanks – I understand the new v2 API isn't up to feature parity with v1. This particular feature is quite useful, and is essentially impossible to replicate in v2.

Joel P.17
New member | Level 1

Gregory: Thanks! And double thanks for leaving a comment to that effect; I wouldn't have noticed otherwise.

I assume that this will be added to the Python SDK at some point in the near future, as well?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

That's correct, these endpoints will be available in the SDKs in the next releases.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Joel P.17 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?