cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you an educator? Well we want to hear from you, so check out some tools we think might help you out here!

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API v2 permanently delete files

API v2 permanently delete files

Markus K.6
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

I've been trying to use the new files/permanently_delete endpoint of the v2 API but I constantly get an error 400.

It seems to be the case that standard Apps are not allowed to use this endpoint. Is there any reason for this? Because for old Packrat users it can be very useful to have a purge call.

Best regards,

Markus

3 Replies 3

Re: API v2 permanently delete files

Greg-DB
Dropboxer

If you print out the body of the response it should contain a more useful error message, but yes, this endpoint is only available to Dropbox Business API apps, per the documentation:

"NOTE: This endpoint is only available to Dropbox for Business apps using the X-Dropbox-Perform-As-Team-Member header."

I can't speak to the particular reasoning, but I'll send this along as a feature request to make this available to Dropbox API apps.

Markus K.6
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Gregory,

thanks for the clarification. You are absolutely right that it is stated in the v1 docu. But there is no hint in the v2 documentation (or at least I haven't seen it). Actually, I had hoped that the behavior changed with API v2. Hopefully we'll see this as a feature in the future.

Best regards,

Markus

Greg-DB
Dropboxer

Oh, apologies, I didn't check the v2 documentation. I'll send this along to get a note added to that too. Thanks!

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropboxer
    Markus K.6 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?