cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abort call to listFolderLongpoll() in Java SDK

Abort call to listFolderLongpoll() in Java SDK

Eric J.12
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to abort a call to the /list_folder/longpoll endpoint in Java. I was using this method in DbxUserFilesRequests:

listFolderLongpoll(String cursor)

The issues is that I have a thread that calls this method, but when this thread is interrupted, I want to abort this poll, and have the new thread start polling for changes in the same location. Currently, I'm working around this by making a closeable HTTP call to the endpoint, but I am wondering if you plan to add this kind of functionality to the Java SDK or if it already exists. Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
No, unfortunately that's not built in to the SDK, but I'll be sure to pass this along as a feature request.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
No, unfortunately that's not built in to the SDK, but I'll be sure to pass this along as a feature request.

FJBDev
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Is that implemented yet ? or is it on the roadmap ?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@FJBDev I don't have any update on this request, and I'm not aware of any current plans to implement it. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    FJBDev Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?