cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Access only to allowed content of a team member by some token.

Access only to allowed content of a team member by some token.

VictorNemiro
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Can i somehow generate access token not from administrator of team? Because i get all permissions and i can do all actions with all team content filed and content of private folders of other team members if i generate token in application from administrator role.
I can not generate token for applications of other member accounts. I get the error 'You must be a team administrator to perform this operation.'.
Can i somehow alow access of my application only to folders and files that shared for a some team member(not admin)?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

It sounds like you're currently using a "Dropbox Business API" app. Access tokens for Dropbox Business API apps always allow access to the entire Business team, and can only be retrieved by team admins.

If you instead want access tokens that can only access the accounts of specific members, you'll need to instead register an app for the "Dropbox API". Access tokens for Dropbox API apps only allow access to the contents of the specific account for the user that authorized it, and can be retrieved by any member, whether they're a team admin or not. Note that each end-user of a Dropbox API app needs to authorize the app themselves though. 

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

It sounds like you're currently using a "Dropbox Business API" app. Access tokens for Dropbox Business API apps always allow access to the entire Business team, and can only be retrieved by team admins.

If you instead want access tokens that can only access the accounts of specific members, you'll need to instead register an app for the "Dropbox API". Access tokens for Dropbox API apps only allow access to the contents of the specific account for the user that authorized it, and can be retrieved by any member, whether they're a team admin or not. Note that each end-user of a Dropbox API app needs to authorize the app themselves though. 

Hope this helps! 

Need more support?