cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Anybody else getting intermittent 500 error responses from Dropbox Paper?

Anybody else getting intermittent 500 error responses from Dropbox Paper?

mrwordsmith
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I am using the Dropbox Paper endpoint: https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/paper/docs/download but today, for whatever reason, am getting ~5-10 500 responses (over the course of downloading ~50 documents). This has never happened before, nor do I see any status issue being reported on the Dropbox Status page - Paper is still in the green.

I even increased the time between requests that were being made to the API to 5 seconds, without any success.

Maybe somebody else has had a similar issue and knows what I need to do to resolve it, or if I should just expect normal service to resume in a day or so. Any responses are appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks, that's helpful. Yes, it looks like these were related to a server issue on our side, but should be back to normal now. Please let me know if you see this come up again though.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the report! Can you please share a few X-Dropbox-Request-Id response header values for these failures? That will help me look into this for you. Thanks in advance.

mrwordsmith
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Sure!

- bd202224737c93cba14df64730f85513

- c45700f0cabb98c0f02e90b5f2adc083

- 5e7122a23c06a512418d06da3c1f6853

I was able to work around the issue this weekend by adding a retry mechanism to my API calls - however, I believe a deploy was done on your part perhaps an hour ago, as after I got the ids I added here, I was unable to repro the 500s even without the retry mechanism.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks, that's helpful. Yes, it looks like these were related to a server issue on our side, but should be back to normal now. Please let me know if you see this come up again though.

mrwordsmith
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you! Will do.

Need more support?