cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Api

Api

ranjan p.
New member | Level 1

How do I uploading or attaching dropbox links using my own mobile app? 

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Dropbox does offer an API you can use to upload and download files, among other operations, such as getting shared links for files. You can find everything you need to get started with the Dropbox API, including documentation, tutorials, and SDKs here:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers

We recommend using one of the official SDKs, if possible.

igor G.5
New member | Level 1

Which API is better suited for Android?

Is the java API v2 still considered beta? I'm starting on with a new app so I can choose between the two (java and Android)

I have noticed the official Android SDK (1.6.3) hasn't been updated in over a year - does that mean anything?...

What does the official Dropbox Android app uses? (if you don't mind me asking :))

Thanks,

Igor.

Steve M.
Dropbox Staff

I'd definitely recommend using the v2 SDK. I don't expect there to be further updates to the v1 Android SDK, now that v2 exists.

The v2 SDK is no longer in beta. (From https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-java/blob/master/ChangeLog.txt, it looks like the first non-beta build was released in March.) The website needs to be updated to reflect this; I'll pass this along to the team.

Sorry, I'm actually not sure what the official Dropbox Android app uses.

Steve M.
Dropbox Staff

Also, Igor, in the future please open a new topic rather than posting to an unrelated question.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Steve M. Dropbox Staff
    igor G.5 New member | Level 1
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?