cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppFolder absolute path

AppFolder absolute path

Iurii O.
New member | Level 1

Hello,

I am using Dropbox application with `app_folder` permissions level. Lets pretend that my app folder is `TestApp`. I am creating subfolder `plant` in it.

Is there a way to get absolute path of this folder and to be able to show it to user? I can't use `/Apps/TestApp/plant` due to different localisations of dropbox. Some of our customer has localised name of apps folder, like `Программы/TestApp/plant` which is created by dropbox automatically.

Also I can not refer to https://dropbox.com/home/Apps/TestApp/plant due to same localisation issue.

When I use `metadata` API call it also return relative to apps folder path.

2 Replies 2

Richard P.
Super User alumni

Anything other than relative paths will leak data to you about the current users platform and configuration, so I doubt that you can get that info.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Richard's correct, there's no way to do this. I'll send this along as feedback to the team, but for context, can you elaborate on what your app would use this for?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Richard P. Super User alumni
What do Dropbox user levels mean?