cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: BUG: rendering PDF with ?raw=1 not showing in Chrome & Safari

BUG: rendering PDF with ?raw=1 not showing in Chrome & Safari

De L.1
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

To my surprise I noticed that it isn't possible to embed shared files anymore by using the ?raw=1 parameters as discussed in the Dropbox Help Center.

For instance, I am not able to see the following file anymore in Chrome 56.0.2924.87 or 57.0.2987.98:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qgauf66zeoi816i/___TEST___.pdf?raw=1

The Errors that are being thrown by Chrome:

1. Unrecognized Content-Security-Policy directive 'referrer'.
  2. Failed to load 'https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/content_link/..../file' as a plugin, because the frame into which the plugin is loading is sandboxed.

The issues currently doesn't seem to affect any other browsers like IE, Edge or FF. 
Update: Safari 10.0.3 (Mac Sierra) also seems to be affected

Are you are aware of this issue? And will it be solved?

14 Replies 14

jdbrown
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I just updated Chrome to Version 62.0.3202.75 (Official Build) (64-bit) and it actually seems to be working now.

guilhermegarcia
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Same issue here: PDFs won't open (Safari and Firefox, both under current versions). Every single link I have is ...raw=1, so basically nothing works at the moment. Am I missing something...? They all simply stopped working all of a sudden—just now—and I really need all these files to be working properly.

guilhermegarcia
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Update: everything works fine if I turn off my VPN. Not sure if that's what's supposed to happen: if people have a VPN they're not able to see raw=1 files...?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@guilhermegarcia There's nothing about VPNs in general that should be affecting this. I just tried it, and raw=1 links are working properly for me in Chrome, Safari, and Firefox, all both on and off a VPN. That being the case, it sounds like there may be something about your VPN connection in particular that is interfering unfortunately. 

guilhermegarcia
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks, Greg! I actually found out what the problem was: my VPN (NordVPN) has this thing called "CyberSec"—it's an additional security feature. If you don't deactivate it, raw=1 files won't render.

Need more support?