cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Dropbox Thumbnails .net SDK

Batch Dropbox Thumbnails .net SDK

jakealake
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello - 

Echoing some of the past sentiment here about the .net SDK samples being thin.  I've spent a day or two looking for a good example on how to prepare the parameters and build the call to the GetThumnailBatchAsync method correctly. 
Presently, I am stuck on creating the ThumbnailArgs which appear to be provided as a list of Thumbnail args.  The problem I'm having is that all the properties of a ThumbailArg are private setters.  I have a list of files I've created, but how do I use the list of file paths to create all the entires I need thumbnails for?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

You can make a list of ThumbnailArg and use it to call GetThumbnailBatchAsync like this:

var paths = new String[] { "/Photos/1.jpg", "/Photos/2.jpg"};

var thumbnailsArgs = new List<ThumbnailArg> { };
foreach (var path in paths)
{
    thumbnailsArgs.Add(new ThumbnailArg(path: path, format: ThumbnailFormat.Png.Instance));
}

GetThumbnailBatchResult getThumbnailBatchResult = await this.client.Files.GetThumbnailBatchAsync(thumbnailsArgs);

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

You can make a list of ThumbnailArg and use it to call GetThumbnailBatchAsync like this:

var paths = new String[] { "/Photos/1.jpg", "/Photos/2.jpg"};

var thumbnailsArgs = new List<ThumbnailArg> { };
foreach (var path in paths)
{
    thumbnailsArgs.Add(new ThumbnailArg(path: path, format: ThumbnailFormat.Png.Instance));
}

GetThumbnailBatchResult getThumbnailBatchResult = await this.client.Files.GetThumbnailBatchAsync(thumbnailsArgs);

jakealake
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks Greg-DB! 

This looks pretty much like what I ended up doing!   Did I miss this in the SDK examples somewhere?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

No, this isn't in the examples for the SDK. I just wrote that for this thread.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    jakealake Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?