cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to know if a token is still valid?

Best way to know if a token is still valid?

axew3
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Hi all, i look into API docs endpoints, and i can't find out the correct way to establish if a token is still valid or not. Or better i could but a suggestion maybe is best ...

I mean this: on an user interface, the generated token is shown to user when he load his profile. Than i would like know before than the page load, if the token is active or not. Since no curl call is done on profile, except when the user click to request/generate a new token, when user load page, i could arbitrary do a curl call to check if error come out, and establish if the token is still valid, or has been maybe revoked by user via/into dropbox.com account.

What the best way?

I've not read something about somewhere (as this is very probably due to my Eng) maybe.

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The best way to check if an access token is still valid with the Dropbox API is just to make a call and check the response. For example, a simple call with no side effects such as /2/users/get_current_account is a good one for this.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The best way to check if an access token is still valid with the Dropbox API is just to make a call and check the response. For example, a simple call with no side effects such as /2/users/get_current_account is a good one for this.

axew3
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

:christmas_tree:  :relieved:  Thank you!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

axew3 Collaborator | Level 8
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?