cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitdefender returns me this message and blocks the file from downloading.

Bitdefender returns me this message and blocks the file from downloading.

lukasK
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-dotnet
Is this an official source?
Downloads\dropbox-sdk.zip tried to load a suspicious source detected as Amsi.Edge.22.C2AFDFF1 and was blocked. Your device is safe.
Bitdefender returns me this message and blocks the file from downloading. I can't turn it off on my work computers. Has anyone had this problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks! I don't see any other reports of this "Amsi.Edge.22.C2AFDFF1" internally or elsewhere online, and it may be a false positive, but I'm raising this with the team regardless.

By the way, it's not necessary to download the SDK source to just use the SDK in your app; if you're trying to use the SDK in your app we recommend just installing it from NuGet anyway.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-dotnet repository is the official source code repository for the Dropbox .NET SDK. You can find it linked on this www.dropbox.com page to confirm: https://www.dropbox.com/developers/documentation/dotnet

Can you share more information about the issue you saw? For instance, can you share the specific steps you followed that led to that message, and share any screenshots/screen recording showing that?

And specifically, can you let us know where/how you got the file named "dropbox-sdk.zip" specifically? When I use the "Download Zip" option in the "Code" drop-down, that gives me a file named "dropbox-sdk-dotnet-main.zip", and downloading the "Source code (zip)" asset from the latest release gives me a file named "dropbox-sdk-dotnet-6.37.0.zip".

Thanks!

lukasK
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

lukasK_0-1695024533014.pnglukasK_1-1695024583700.png

The file download is blocked, and when I enter Bitdefender notifications I get the message: Suspicious activity blocked
8 min. ago
Function:
Antivirus
(..)Downloads\dropbox-sdk-dotnet-main.zip tried to load a suspicious source detected as Amsi.Edge.22.C2AFDFF1 and was blocked.

Your device is safe

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks! I don't see any other reports of this "Amsi.Edge.22.C2AFDFF1" internally or elsewhere online, and it may be a false positive, but I'm raising this with the team regardless.

By the way, it's not necessary to download the SDK source to just use the SDK in your app; if you're trying to use the SDK in your app we recommend just installing it from NuGet anyway.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    lukasK Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?