cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't close the page after authentication

Can't close the page after authentication

leninsmannath
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi

I use the below code for dropbox login

DropboxClientsManager.authorizeFromController(UIApplication.shared, controller: self, openURL: {(url: URL) -> Void in UIApplication.shared.openURL(url) })

it works perfectly, But after login window, it will ask permission to access the files and folder from dropbox. If I click the allow or cancel button it won't close the window and don't go to OpenURL function in the app delegate.

And I checked the "https://github.com/dropbox/SwiftyDropbox" SwiftyDropbox sample code from Github. It works perfectly on it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks! I see you don't actually have the "Handle redirect back into SDK" step implemented in your AppDelegate.swift. Please make sure to add that as documented.

Also, I noticed from your use of 'UIApplicationSceneManifest' in your Info.plist that this uses scenes, so make sure you also implement the handler in SceneDelegate.swift as noted here.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Can you confirm you followed all of the instructions for configuring your project and setting up the authorization flow as documented here?

For example, make sure you have your "CFBundleURLSchemes" configured with your "db-APPKEYHERE" URL scheme, and that you have the code in place to handle the redirect.

Also, do you get any error/output in the console in Xcode?

leninsmannath
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Yes, I did this all "CFBundleURLSchemes" configured with your "db-APPKEYHERE" URL scheme, and that you have the code in place to handle the redirect. And it working perfectly.

I attach a screenshot. when I click on the allow button the page is not dismissing.

Here is the video url. Please check this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p5tm1rb39ol74hx/WhatsApp%20Video%202020-04-21%20at%202.37.32%20PM.mp4?dl=0

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-13 at 2.08.53 PM(1).jpeg

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for sharing that. Do you get any errors or output in the console in Xcode though?

I see that the action is being submitted and that the SFSafariViewController is attempting to redirect to the custom URL scheme though, as it's momentarily shown in the title bar, so I would expect some error if that fails.

leninsmannath
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

No error is shown in the Xcode console.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for checking that. Can you also check:

Otherwise, please supply a small sample project that reproduces this issue so we can reproduce it here to investigate.

leninsmannath
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

The dropbox version used is 5.1.0

I created a new project and do the same thing. The issue is still on that app too.

Here is the source code: https://github.com/leninsmannath/DropboxSampleApp

give your dropbox API key and check the above sample project.

Thanks

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks! I see you don't actually have the "Handle redirect back into SDK" step implemented in your AppDelegate.swift. Please make sure to add that as documented.

Also, I noticed from your use of 'UIApplicationSceneManifest' in your Info.plist that this uses scenes, so make sure you also implement the handler in SceneDelegate.swift as noted here.

leninsmannath
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks, Greg. It's working cool.

I implemented the redirect back into SDK on AppDelegate.swift on original source code, forgot to do in the sample sent to you.

But I didn't implement the handler in SceneDelegate.swift.

You already mentioned the https://github.com/dropbox/SwiftyDropbox/issues/259 in your reply. Sorry I didn't check it properly. I apologize for it.

Anyway thanks for your patience and support.

Thanks, Greg

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

leninsmannath Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?