cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't play videos with iOS 15 via AVPlayer

Can't play videos with iOS 15 via AVPlayer

SlashAndBurn
Explorer | Level 3

I've integrated my iOS app with Dropbox a few years ago and it had been working well, until iOS 15 dropped.  What i'm doing is requesting the "TEMP" link to the file and providing it to the AVPlayerItem.  Before it would just work, but now it is failing with

Error Domain=AVFoundationErrorDomain Code=-11828 \"Cannot Open\" UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=This media format is not supported., NSLocalizedDescription=Cannot Open, NSUnderlyingError=0x280597990 {Error Domain=NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=-12847

This is strange, since

• I can take that url and download it from my desktop
  • I can take the link and from within the app, download it, and play it locally.  This does not use the AVPlayer to download, more Core Http transport tech
  • I can post the file to a local UPNP Server and it plays over HTTP

Trying to figure this out, the file is accessible, but won't stream with AVPlayer (The Class, not the App).  Maybe it is some header being sent by dropbox?  I have a webserver proxy I used for playing content from a Flash Drive, so I might be able to work around the issue, but it would be nice to directly play the file.

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the report. This is a known issue and we're currently looking into it. You can find more information in this thread.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

This should be working again now. Please try again and let us know if you're still seeing any issues.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?