cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Change in Dropbox Embedder behaviour

Change in Dropbox Embedder behaviour

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hello,

It used to be possible when using Dropbox Embedder with a link to folder reliable navigation in that folder and preview all files in pointed folder - all files that Embedder may handle of course.

Now Dropbox Embedder may handle, in correct way, only link pointing to particular file directly! Is this intended behavior or some bug? 🧐

When navigating in folder and try open a file inside, new frame (window or tab) gets up now. Why? Would be so from now on? If in use is a link to file derived from link to containing folder, display fails completely! Link to the same file that's created for the particular file succeeds. Both link types open correctly in browser. Is this normal? 🤔

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the report! I'll ask the team to check on this.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Using the Embedder with a file link derived from a folder link should be working again now.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Thanks @Greg-DB,

Yes, I'm confirming that derived link successfully opens. The other issue is still there: during navigation, file still impossible to open inside Embedder.

Hope this will be fixed too.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for confirming.

That other matter is still open with the team and I'll follow up here with any news.

Need more support?