cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Email Yields Interactions

Changing Email Yields Interactions

STEALTHbits
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Recently, I changed my personal account's email from an old company email to the new company email (we were acquired so we have the same team).  That account has team access as well as Shared Files between team members.  Since the email change, the account is now marked as an unverified email in the API GetTeamMembers response. 

However, when I interact on that account I can view, upload and change team resources as well as still have access to all my files/folders.  The biggest issue occurs when I try to evaluate the prior existing shared content through ListFileMembers

Is there anyway that the API can be updated so that we can have access to these resources as "read only" especially since I have full control over team content with the unverified email?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I'll send this along as a feature request to update the API to support read-only access for these resources for accounts with unverified email addresses, but I'm not aware of any such current plans and I can't promise if or when that might be implemented.

To unblock this for your own account, you can manually verify the email address on your account as shown here.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I'll send this along as a feature request to update the API to support read-only access for these resources for accounts with unverified email addresses, but I'm not aware of any such current plans and I can't promise if or when that might be implemented.

To unblock this for your own account, you can manually verify the email address on your account as shown here.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?