cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Checking the Percent of File being uploaded via /save_url/

Checking the Percent of File being uploaded via /save_url/

dungun
Explorer | Level 3

Hi , I am uploading a file via /save_url/ . I used /save_url/check_job_status  to check the progress , It only shows "in_progress" . No info about percent of file uploaded .

Any way to know the percentage of file being uploaded ?

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
The API doesn't offer a way to get the percent progress for these jobs, but I'll pass this along as a feature request.

dungun
Explorer | Level 3
there should be a percent progress in /save_url/check_job_status , otherwise it's useless for uploading big files . User won't know when there files will be uploaded . But there are some sites which showing percentage of upload , don't know if they are showing fake progress bar .

Chai234
Helpful | Level 6

I would assume this isn't done to discourage large uploads. I second the request, I'm uploading a 130GB file on 30Mbs only and I want to know if I should pause it for the day when I work or if it will be hogging my troughput only for 1-2 hours more.

I also often upload 2-4GB images to publishers and on deadlines it's annoying for them not to know exactly how long my upload will take. Even a few minutes is valuable time at the deadline.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@Chai234 It sounds like you're referring to using the official Dropbox application. This thread was about a specific feature of the Dropbox developer platform, not the Dropbox app. 

You can share feedback about the Dropbox app itself in the "Share an idea" forum here:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Share-an-idea/ct-p/101002000

Need more support?