cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chooser - Default Folder

Chooser - Default Folder

JRegan
New member | Level 2

The current implementation of the chooser works well enough for personal, relatively infrequent use. However, navigating to a specific folder from root every single time you load the chooser gets irritating in a high-use / enterprise context with complex folder structures.

Please add support for a 'defaultPath' attribute in the 'options' object passed into Dropbox.choose(), which overrides the default view of recent files or the root Dropbox folder with a more relevant file path for a specific use case!

Either that or add some functionality to 'favourite' specific folders so they show up in the nav bar on the left of the chooser?

Seems like a fairly obvious feature that'd make using the chooser much better from a UX point of view!

7 Replies 7

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for writing this up! I can certainly see how this would be helpful. I can't make any promises as to if/when this would be implemented, but I'm sending this along as a feature request.

BWT
New member | Level 2

Hi, we also have the exact same problem when developing our business oriented app. We need to be able to specify an optional default opening folder in the File Chooser to speed up the process for frequent users.

So if it helps please add our "vote" to this feature request.

Thanks!

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for the additional feedback! It is helpful.

elsigh
Helpful | Level 5

Another bit here - I have an app with App Folder permission only so when we open the chooser it would be nice to have it start in that folder, otherwise it's always going to go badly I think.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@elsigh Thanks for the note!

divyesh
Explorer | Level 4

Another bit here - I have a folder structure with user's permission in my website and I want to open that specific folder as a default folder. any help will be appreciated .

Thanks

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@divyesh Thanks for the feedback. The Dropbox Chooser still doesn't offer this functionality, but this has been sent along as a feature request.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    divyesh Explorer | Level 4
    elsigh Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?