cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create File via API Not Working (or very very slow)

Create File via API Not Working (or very very slow)

willh
Explorer | Level 3

We've been using the Dropbox API for a number of years (v2) with no issues.

Today I have some users reporting that files are not being created in their Dropbox Folders.

I have run a test and I get the expected response

{".tag": "async_job_id", "async_job_id": "--cut--"}

However the file does not show, we are talking about very small text files, they usually show in a matter of seconds - they are used to trigger label printing for shipping.

If I make a call on the async_job_id to get the status, I just get "in_progress"

Can anyone advise if there are any known issues today, or any changes that have been released which could have affected this?

We are using a Private App, Full Dropbox permission, with No expiration on the tokens. The token has the permissions for 'files.content.write'.

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

This looks like an issue on our side. We're looking into it. I'll follow up here once I have an update on this for you.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

This should be fixed now. Please try again and let me know if you're still seeing any issues. Thanks again for the report!

willh
Explorer | Level 3

Hey Greg

I appreciate your responses, and that you guys confirmed it was an issue on your end.

Thank you!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

willh Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?