cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Get summer ready with Dropbox basic - travel documents, plans, progress reminders and more, right over here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a shared folder with multiple paths

Create a shared folder with multiple paths

raziel79
Helpful | Level 6

How to create a shared folder with different paths? 

I have selected 3 or 4 dir (or files) inside e directory with tons of contents, how to download only selected files with api?

is there a way to do that?

best

3 Replies 3

Re: Create a shared folder with multiple paths

Greg-DB
Dropboxer

I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say you want "to create a shared folder with different paths". Can you elaborate?

In any case, if you want to download specific files using the API, you should call /2/files/download once per file. You should specify the path of the desired file in the 'path' parameter.

(Or, for reference, since you mentioned using a shared link in a previous post, if you are trying to download specific files from a shared link for a folder, you should use call /2/sharing/get_shared_link_file once per file specifying the shared link in the 'url' parameter, and the relative path of the desired file in the 'path' parameter.)

raziel79
Helpful | Level 6

Hi Greg, sorry, i mean:

I need to select 3 specific file or folder from a directory, not all dir content, and need ti download a zip with only these selected files. Is there an api thath accept an array of IDS or Paths and create a zip of them to download?

thx

Greg-DB
Dropboxer

I see, thanks for clarifying, No, unfortunately there isn't a way to download multiple specific files like this at once, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. 

Poll
Which Dropbox Plan do you have?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropboxer
    raziel79 Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?