cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a shared folder with multiple paths

Highlighted

Create a shared folder with multiple paths

Helpful | Level 6

How to create a shared folder with different paths? 

I have selected 3 or 4 dir (or files) inside e directory with tons of contents, how to download only selected files with api?

is there a way to do that?

best

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Create a shared folder with multiple paths

Dropboxer

I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say you want "to create a shared folder with different paths". Can you elaborate?

In any case, if you want to download specific files using the API, you should call /2/files/download once per file. You should specify the path of the desired file in the 'path' parameter.

(Or, for reference, since you mentioned using a shared link in a previous post, if you are trying to download specific files from a shared link for a folder, you should use call /2/sharing/get_shared_link_file once per file specifying the shared link in the 'url' parameter, and the relative path of the desired file in the 'path' parameter.)

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Hi Greg, sorry, i mean:

I need to select 3 specific file or folder from a directory, not all dir content, and need ti download a zip with only these selected files. Is there an api thath accept an array of IDS or Paths and create a zip of them to download?

thx

Highlighted

Dropboxer

I see, thanks for clarifying, No, unfortunately there isn't a way to download multiple specific files like this at once, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?