cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Creating a folder on a root namespace of a business account

Creating a folder on a root namespace of a business account

TwinBlade
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am using a business package dropbox with just one user (the admin). I am trying to create a folder that is not in the admin's individual folder, but on the root folder. I am using the .NET SDK and so far I've tried CreateFolderV2 and ShareFolderV2 with AsMember and AsAdmin using the member id of the admin.

So far, I have had no luck - the closest I got was getting an error that I have no write permission (even as the admin). 

Is this possible ? 

Thank you in advance,
Filip 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

It sounds like your team is using the "team space" configuration. You can access the team root via the API. To do so, you'll need to use the namespace IDs to specify which area you want to access. I recommend reading the Namespace Guide, which covers this in detail.

You can find information on setting this in the .NET SDK using `WithPathRoot` here.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

It sounds like your team is using the "team space" configuration. You can access the team root via the API. To do so, you'll need to use the namespace IDs to specify which area you want to access. I recommend reading the Namespace Guide, which covers this in detail.

You can find information on setting this in the .NET SDK using `WithPathRoot` here.

TwinBlade
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you very much Greg! Keep up the good work. 

Need more support?