cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Current outage

Current outage

KennelLink
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Notifications for modified files is not working.  https://notify.dropboxapi.com/2/files/list_folder/longpoll is not returning when files are modified.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Can you try again and let me know if you're still seeing the issue? Thanks in advance! 

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the report. We'll look into it.

KennelLink
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

This is still going on, hours later.  The status page has not been updated and no response of findings here.

KennelLink
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

The client not getting notifications is both Edge & Internet Explorer using the Dropbox Javascript SDK.  Nothing on this end changed today, but near 4pm Mountain it quit working.

KennelLink
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Even Firefox browsing to dropbox.com looking at the folder where a file is then updated does not show the updated file and opening the updated file shows the OLD data until the browser is refreshed.  Then new content is shown.

KennelLink
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

The notification seems to get pushed if some other client lists the folder (ie another browser showing the folder is refreshed).

Thomas_
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I can confirm this issue still exists. Using REST API V2, longpolls detect changes with a huge delay of 2 to 10 mins or more. Maybe some events are also lost, hard to tell. A quick solution for this is highly appreciated. 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the additional information! We have reproduced this bug on /2/files/list_folder/longpoll and are investigating. I'll follow up here once I have an update on this.

KennelLink
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Really?  It's been 23 hours.  My clients are down - we rely on timely notification of a "command" file that's been updated.  My business is suffering.  This doesn't reflect well from a company that claims to support enterprise level functionality.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@KennelLink Thanks for the feedback! I'll emphasize the urgency of this with the team.

Need more support?