cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBChooser and iOS 9 not returning to original app

DBChooser and iOS 9 not returning to original app

Matt m.53
New member | Level 1

Hi,

I had a simple implementation of DBChooser in my iPad app, and it worked fine up until the moment I upgraded my device and SDK to iOS 9.

What happens now is:
1) My app launches DBChooser (DBChooserLinkTypeDirect)
2) Dropbox appears
3) I pick my file
4) I get a 'Generating Link' message
5) I remain in the DropBox app instead of being returned to my app. openURL: is never called

I have set all of the URL schemes, and there are no syslog errors generated and, like I said, it used to work just fine.

I've tried all sorts of solutions, including creating brand new test apps that do nothing but fire up DBChooser. On one occasion, I created a completely new Xcode app, and a brand new DropBox app that used a new key, and the behavior changed slightly. This time, DropBox launched my app after I selected the file (openURL: was called in my app), and then DropBox was immediately launched over the top of my app again. This behavior happened 3 times in a row, and on the 4th (with no changes to the code or app setup), it went back to simply not exiting DropBox at all.

I've uninstalled DB and reinstalled it several times, written test apps, and gone over the docs with a fine tooth comb, but I simply can't get it behaving like it used to in iOS 8, which leads me to suspect the root cause is something to do with the new iOS 9 security stuff that went in. I've read reports from the iOS 9 beta that due to an iOS bug, openURL: had the extra security schemes that canOpenURL: now has, which might cause problems. openURL: should function as it used to in previous SDKs, according to Apple.

Can anybody shed some light on this? Has anybody else seen similar behavior?

Cheers,
Matt. 

10 Replies 10

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Great! I'm glad to hear that, though I'm surprised a bug like that existed in non-beta 9.0. Good to know though.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Matt m.53 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?