cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: DeletedMetadata for file/folder

DeletedMetadata for file/folder

inttestsme1
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, I am trying to get the the id's of deleted files but I dont see file Id present in DeletedMetadata. Is their any way to get the deleted file Id so that I can delete the file from my local cache too?

6 Replies 6

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
The Dropbox API doesn't return the file/folder ID for DeletedMetadata, but I'll pass this along as a feature request.

That being the case, if you need to the ID for the deleted file, you'll need to record and retrieve it based on the file you last saw at that path, before the deletion. (Or, just use the DeletedMetadata path to delete whatever you had at that path.)

Ashley B.15
Helpful | Level 7
Hi,
Is there any news regarding this? Is it on a roadmap to be added? If it is, any ideas when?

Thanks

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
I don't have any news on this unfortunately, nor am I aware of any current plans to implement it. I'll add your vote to the request.

brian q.
Helpful | Level 6

This has been an issue in V2 since at least 2016, I'll add my voice to needing it addressed like so many others.

Not having it resolved creates unsolvable problems with dropbox apps such as our own (ie name clash 1:N, one to many,  relationship issues)

Rolana
Helpful | Level 5

Please, add my vote as well. It's really crucial issue for some applications. If I can vote for this somewhere by myself, please, let me know as well

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@Rolana Thanks for the feedback. This thread is sufficient; there's no need to additionally vote elsewhere.

Need more support?